- Who is eligible to participate?
- Present residents of Prince Edward
- Former residents of Prince Edward
- Those with roots in Prince Edward
- How much may I submit, and what is the cost?
- Each household is encouraged to send in 500
words of their family genealogy history and
one picture. OR
- If your ancestors were in Prince Edward
County by or before 1850,
you may submit a 1000 word pioneer genealogy/history
and two photographs.
- Additional words are 10¢ per word. Extra
photos are $12.50. Double wide or double deep
photos are also $12.50 additional.
- Abbreviations/numbers above five letters
equal two words, and punctuation does not affect
- What can I write?
- Why and when they came to Prince Edward
- Dates and locations of birth, marriages,
death and burial.
- Family stories.
- Yourself and your family.
- Childhood, school days, and other events.
- Jobs, residences, hobbies and pasttimes.
- Topical articles (to be used at book committee
- Histories of churches, clubs, and organizations.
- Each allowed 250 words & one photo.
- Additional photos see Paragraph II.C.
- Communities and major topics. (Ask committee
- Military service biographical sketch.
- Each allowed 100 words and 1 photo.
- Additional photo; see Paragraph II.C.
- Article format.
- Double-space type or word processing on bond
paper. We cannot accept articles which are typed
in ALL CAPS. Upper and lower case must be used!
We will also accept text on diskettes, using
MS Word or Word Perfect. A hard copy must
- Include at end of article:
- Word count.
- Sources, if available.
- Name, address, and phone number of story
submitter. Also include name, address, phone
number of compiler if different.
- Caption to appear with photograph (see
- A list of all names, last, first, maiden
or middle, please, typed on a separate sheet
of paper & stapled to your story. (see par.
- Photograph directions.
Note: Do not submit original irreplaceable photos!
We make every effort to return them, but cannot
be responsible for loss or damage!
- Types and size.
- Glossy photos are best! Black and white
are preferred, but we accept 35mm color
and studio quality prints. Laser copies
do not reproduce well, so please don't submit
them! We will accept .jpg or .tif photos
on a separate diskette or CD. Please
also send a glossy print of the photo.
If submitting digitized scanned images ,
please scan at 300 dpi to preserve image
quality. A glossy print of your photo must
also be included.
- The following are not acceptable: Xerox®
copies, negatives or faded Polaroids.
- Any size up to 8" x 10".
- All photos will be reduced to one column
- 2.5" wide x 1.75" high, with standard
cropping as a bust shot. You must pay extra,
as detailed in II.C., for larger sizes.
- Place a return address label with telephone
number on the back or (not as desirable)
print this information lightly with soft
lead pencil on back of photo.
- Include stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Limited to 10 words or less.
- Type at end of article.
- Writing assistance.
- Contact committee members.
- Attend our writing workshop.
- Articles cannot harm or embarrass another
- No genealogical charts or tabular material
can be used.
Please help prepare an every name index: List last,
first, maiden or middle names. Type on a separate
sheet of paper and staple to your story.
- No email submissions. Sorry!
Click to print the order form.
Deadline: January 18, 2008