. . . and departing leave behind us, footprints in the sands
-The Psalm of Life by: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You and your family
are important to the Lunenburg County Genealogical
We cordially invite you to participate in the publication of our
Lunenburg County Heritage Book.
- Who is eligible to participate?
- Present residents of Lunenburg
- Former residents of Lunenburg
- Those with roots in Lunenburg
- How much may I submit, and what is the
- Each household is encouraged to send
in 500 to 600-word of their family genealogy
history and one picture per article.
- If your ancestors were in Lunenburg
County by or before 1800,
you may submit a 1000 word pioneer genealogy/history
and two photographs.
- What can I write?
- Why and when they came to Lunenburg
- Dates and locations of birth, marriages,
death and burial.
- Family stories.
- Yourself and your family.
- Childhood, school days, and other
- Article format.
- Please submit your articles on 3.5”
floppy using MS Word or Word Perfect.
Be sure the floppy is not write protected.
Doublespace, DO NOT USE ALL CAPS, in the
title or body. Upper and lower case MUST
be used! We will accept articles double-spaced
on good bond paper if you cannot use a
computer. We will also accept CD if not
- Include at end of article:
- Word count.
- Sources, short version, i.e. wills,
census, and court records.
- Submitter, City and State (on cover
sheet include your address and phone
- Picture caption to appear with
photograph (limited to 10 words).
Please list LAST name, first, middle,
maiden, nickname in “ ”. Type
on a separate page with your article.
- Photograph directions.
Note: Do not submit original irreplaceable
photos! We make every effort to return them,
but cannot be responsible for loss or damage!
- Types and size.
- We would prefer .jpg or .tif photos
on a floppy or CD (not write protected).
Please send a glossy print with the
floppy (in case something happens
to the floppy or CD). Glossy photos
are best! Black and white preferred,
we will accept 35mm color and studio
- The following are not acceptable:
Xerox® copies, negatives or faded
- Any size up to 8” x 10”.
- All photos will be reduced to one
column - 2.5” wide x 1.75”
high, with standard cropping as a
- Identification of photos if you want
- Place a return address label with
telephone number on the back of photo.
- Include stamped, self-addressed
envelope large enough for your photos.
- Limited to 10 words or less.
- Type at end of article.
- Topical articles (to be used at book committee
- Histories of churches, clubs, and organizations.
- Communities around Lunenburg County.
- Military service biographical sketch.
- Each allowed 100 to 175 words and
- Contact Frances Clark at 434-447- 7308
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend our writing workshop.
- Articles cannot harm or embarrass another
- No genealogical charts or tabular material
can be used.
If your group would like to have a workshop,
contact Patti Roberts at 434-372-4434 or e-mail
at email@example.com. We will be glad
to come and explain what a Heritage Book is
about and talk about how to put articles together.
Church Groups, Clubs, Civic Groups or any
group of five or more who are interested in
the Lunenburg County Heritage Book.